Friday, January 8, 2010
Terminal Examination December 2009
Master in Computer Application (MCA)/ Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Course Title : Problem Solving and Programming
Course Code : MCA-1.2/PGDCA-1.2
Time : Three Hours Maximum Marks : 70
Note : Answer all questions. All question carry equal marks.
1. (a) What is computational Complexity? Describe the order of notation and rules for using the big-O notation.
(b) Distinguish between algorithm and flowchart. Describe the various symbols used for flowchart.
2. (a) Write an algorithm to find the factorial of any given integer number N and draw its flowchart.
(b) Describe the different types of datanames in C language.
3. Describe the various types of operators used in C Language with example.
4.(a) Discuss the statements used for input and output purpose in C Language with proper syntaxes and format specifications.
(b) Write a program in C language to find the simple interest for given amount rate and time.
5. Describe various loops (branch statements) in C language and write the program to find the sum of odd natural numbers from 1 to N where N is any integer number.
6. What is an array? Write a program to find the sum and average of N integer numbers using array. Where N is any integer number.
7. (a) What is function? Differentiate the function by using call by value and call by reference with suitable example.
(b) Write the short notes on following :
(i) Structure and union
(iii) Types of data files in C Language